FREDONIA, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo built a 3-1 first-period lead but host Fredonia out-scored the No. 5/6 Knights 3-0 the rest of the way to earn a 4-3 victory in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) men's ice hockey action, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Fredonia tallied a power-play goal seven minutes into the game for the early lead.
- Less than two minutes later, Geneseo received a five-minute man advantage following a 10-minute misconduct penalty on the Blue Devils. The Knights capitalized with goals by senior defenseman Pat Condon and sophomore forward Tyson Empey less than a minute a part to build a 2-1 lead.
- Geneseo snuck a two-goal lead into the first intermission locker room after first-year forward Dan Bosio beat the buzzer by .2 of a second for his first collegiate goal.
- Fredonia evened the score with the only two goals of the second period and found the game-winning tally with 6:33 left in regulation to hand the Knights their first loss of the season.
- Fredonia finished the evening with a 45-36 advantage in shots.
- Geneseo junior goaltender Devin McDonald stopped a season-high 41 saves in the setback.
Geneseo returns home for a pair of SUNYAC games next week, hosting Potsdam on Friday (Nov. 10) and Plattsburgh on Saturday (Nov. 11). Both games are slated to start at 7:00 p.m.