POTSDAM, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward Conlan Keenan scored a goal in the final minutes of the first period, but it was host Potsdam notching a short-handed tally with under six minutes left in regulation to earn the 1-1 tie with the No. 8 Knights, Friday, in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) men's ice hockey play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Keenan took a left-wing pass from Romano and scored on a one-timer from the slot inside the right post with 1:23 on the clock to post the visitors to the early lead.
- The Knights held the Bears off the board until Dylan Vander Esch netted a short-handed tally with 5:36 remaining for the equalizer.
- Geneseo out-shot the Bears, 39-27.
- Junior goalie Devin McDonald finished the night with 26 saves.
- Keenan has now scored at least one point in the Knights' last nine games, including five goals and nine assists during the stretch, and has only been held without a point in two of 19 games this winter.
The Knights will take on host Plattsburgh on Saturday (Jan. 27) at 7:00 p.m. in the first of only two regular-season road games remaining on the schedule.