GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior midfielder Tess Necaise scored two goals to lead the Knights to a 7-0 victory against Nazareth, Sunday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo opened scoring in the sixth minute when first year forward Grace Dempsey scored on a pass from sophomore midfielder Jordan Penkitis.
- Penkitis scored a goal of her own less than four minutes later when she received a rebounded shot.
- Necaise scored the third and fourth goal for the Knights on two successful penalty strokes. The first stroke was taken with 25:49 on the first-half clock while the second was scored in the 12th minute of the second half.
- Senior forward Gabriella Clare tallied a goal after she ran the ball from midfield to beat the goalie with 16:02 left in the contest.
- Sophomore Hayley Fonfara deflected the ball into the goal off a shot from sophomore midfielder Sarah Armbrust with less than five minutes remaining in the second half.
- Junior midfielder Ariana Walczyk closed out scoring for the Knights when she netted a pass from sophomore forward Allie Prescott with 2:26 on the game clock.
- Walczyk scored her first career goal.
- Geneseo (9-5) outshot Nazareth (8-9), 32-8, with a 13-3 advantage in penalty corners.
- First-year goalkeeper Natalie Chojnacki made 3 saves to secure the Knights' sixth shutout on the 2018 season.
Geneseo travels to face University of Rochester on Saturday (Oct. 27) for a 5 pm.