GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward Michael Gannon scored 18 points, including four triples as the Knights defeated visiting Canton, 65-59.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Gannon opened the scoring for the Knights with a three-pointer, but the Kangaroos leaped ahead to a 10-3 lead.
- Senior forward Sean Crowley scored a pair of buckets to lead Geneseo on a five-minute, 10-2 run to take an early 13-12 lead.
- With 3:17 in the first half, senior guard Terrance Nichols converted a turnover into an easy layup, tying the game at 26-26 but the 'Roos went into halftime leading, 29-28.
- After trailing 51-48 in the second half, the Knights scored 13-consecutive points over a 4:13 span to take a 61-51 lead, their largest of the game, with 4:08 to play.
- Crowley blocked a shot with seven seconds to play to thwart Canton's final chance as the Knights held on to win.
- Four different Knights scored in double figures for the third time this season as junior forward Alex Merhige scored 14, junior forward Joseph Harclerode added 11 and Crowley scored 10.
- Gannon led the Knights in scoring for the second-consecutive contest, recording his third career double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
- This was the first ever meeting between Geneseo and Canton on the hardwood.
Geneseo will play their first conference game of the season, hosting Cortland on Friday, Dec. 6, at 7:30 P.M.