CORTLAND, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo junior forward Andrew Romano scored two goals to lead the No. 2 Knights to a 2-0 victory at Cortland in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) men's ice hockey, Friday.
HOW IT HAPPPENED
- Romano deflected a slap shot from the right wing by sophomore defenseman Will Campion in front of the crease over the Cortland goalie's shoulder with 7:59 on the clock for the lone goal of the first period.
- The teams went scoreless until the 7:22 mark of the third period. Senior forward Anthony Marra skated the puck down the right boards around the back of the Red Dragon net and slipped a pass through the crease for a close-range finish by Romano on the right post.
- Senior goalie Devin McDonald stopped all 17 Cortland shots on goal to complete his fifth shutout of the season.
- Geneseo finished the night with a 48-17 shot advantage.
- Romano entered the night leading the nation with 18 assists.
- The Knights won their seventh-consecutive game and have out-scored the opposition, 35-4, during the run.
Geneseo continues SUNYAC play, hosting No. 6 Oswego on Saturday (Dec. 1) at 7:00 p.m.