BROCKPORT, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo junior forward Conlan Keenan, sophomore forward Dan Bosio and first-year forward Ryan Burnett were each credited with a goal and an assist to lead the No. 2 Knights to a 6-3 victory at Brockport, Friday, in their regular-season finale.
- Already locked into the top-seed for the SUNYAC Tournament, Geneseo closed its first SUNYAC regular-season championship since 2014 with the win.
- Geneseo will host the lowest seeded team remaining after this Wednesday's (Feb. 20) tournament quarterfinals. Third-seeded Plattsburgh hosts sixth-seeded Brockport while fourth-seeded Buffalo State hosts fifth-seeded Fredonia.
- The semifinals are scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 23 at 7:00 p.m. With a victory, the Knights would also host the championship game on Saturday, March 2 at 7:00 p.m. with an automatic berth in the NCAA Division III Tournament on the line.
- The defending-champion Knights will be in the hunt for their third SUNYAC Championship in the last four years.
- Geneseo (22-1-2, 13-1-2 SUNYAC) enters the postseason one victory short of tying the program record for single season wins. The Knights totaled 23 victories during the 1989-90, 1990-91 and 2013-14 campaigns.
- The Knights opened a 2-0 first-period lead on goals by Burnett at 10:21 and junior forward Andrew Romano at 9:05.
- Geneseo out-scored the Golden Eagles, 3-2, in the second period to extend its lead to 5-2. Brockport (15-8-2, 7-7-2 SUNYAC) pulled within two midway through the third period, but a tally by Bosio with 7:21 remaining put the game out of reach.
- Sophomore goalie Aaron MacKay totaled 26 saves to preserve his second victory in as many starts this season.
- Geneseo extended its program-record unbeaten streak to 20 (19-0-1).
- Keenan scored his 62nd career goal to move into a tie for 14th-place in program history with Bill Gillam '85.