GENESEO, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo senior forward Andrew Romano totaled two goals and three assists to lead the No. 4 Knights to a 10-2 victory over visiting Canton, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo opened a 3-0 first-period lead. Senior forward Conlan Keenan finished a short pass in front from Romano at 15:12 before junior forward Carson Kelley tipped a loose puck over the goal line at 9:31. A minute later, Romano cleaned up a loose puck behind the Canton keeper at 8:31.
- Junior forward Dan Bosio stole a puck off a Canton defender's stick at the blue line and scored at the 14:56 mark to open the second period scoring.
- Canton got on the board off the stick of junior forward AJ D'Orazio at 12:50, but Romano tipped a puck out of the air off a shot by first-year defenseman Alex Wilkins at 10:19 to put the Knights up 5-1.
- The Kangaroos finished a power-play opportunity at 6:55 with a goal by junior forward Jesse Farabee, but junior forward Tyson Empey converted Knights power play with 35.7 on the clock to push Geneseo ahead, 6-1, after two periods.
- Sophomore defenseman Matt Doran converted a 5-on-3 opportunity 41 seconds into the third before back-to-back goals by sophomore defenseman Chris Perna pushed Geneseo on top, 9-2, with under nine minutes left in regulation.
- Senior defenseman Tanner Salsberry finished the scoring with 7:48 left.
- Geneseo finished the night with a 60-25 shot advantage.
- First-year goalie Matt Petizian was credited with 23 saves to earn his first collegiate victory.
Geneseo heads to Cortland on Friday for a 7:00 p.m. face off with the Red Dragons.