GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Conlan Keenan scored two goals to lead the Knights to a 4-2 victory over Brockport as the Knights hosted their Ninth-Annual Teddy Bear Toss at the Ira S. Wilson Arena Friday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Keenan scored only 0:24 into the game by slamming a loose puck in front of the net into the goal. The early goal invited the crowd to throw their stuffed animals onto the ice.
- After a hooking penalty on junior forward Gordon Helmuth, Brockport evened up the score with a power-play goal at the 16:16 mark.
- The game remained tied for the first 18:31 of the second period until junior forward Dan Bosio scored a power-play goal on a redirected shot assisted by senior defenseman Cam Russell and senior defenseman Tanner Salsberry, putting the Knights up 2-1.
- Brockport tied the game at 2-2 early in the third period. A penalty in the crease on Brockport set up a penalty shot for Keenan, who went over the goalie's right shoulder to bury the go-ahead score and take a 3-2 lead with 10:28 left to play.
- Brockport pulled their goalie with 1:30 to go in the game. With 23 seconds left in the game, sophomore defenseman Chris Perna scored an empty-net goal from his own defensive zone to put the game out of reach at 4-2.
- Keenan scored his second-consecutive Teddy Bear Toss goal of his career. He scored at the 18:16 mark of the first period last season on Dec. 7, 2018.
- Keenan's first period goal was the fastest Teddy Bear Toss goal in the tradition's nine-year history.
- Geneseo has now won eight-consecutive games against the Golden Eagles dating back to Nov. 19, 2016.
- The Ice Knights are now 5-0-0 when they score the game's first goal.
- Geneseo collected 532 stuffed animals to donate to Catholic Charities of Livingston County and the Community Place of Greater Rochester.
Geneseo will open 2020 at home against the King's College (Pa.) Monarchs on Friday, Jan. 3.