BROCKPORT, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo first-year attackman Connor Griffin scored the game-winning goal with 2:15 remaining to lead the Knights to a 3-2 victory at Brockport in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) men's lacrosse action, Wednesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo (6-4, 1-1 SUNYAC) senior attackman Andrew Cummings opened the scoring at 14:04 with his team-high 14th goal of the season.
- First-year defensemen Chris Bernard was left unmarked in front of the Golden Eagle cage and scored off a feed from first-year attackman Tim Fallo with 3:51 on the clock as the Knights took a 2-0 lead into the second quarter.
- Brockport scored the only two goals of the second quarter, including a man-up tally at 2:22 that knotted the score heading into halftime.
- The game remained tied until the closing minutes of the final quarter when the Golden Eagles were whistled for an offsides penalty with 2:34 remaining. Griffin scored 19 seconds later off an assist from sophomore attackmen Dillon Rogers to secure Geneseo's fourth victory in its last five outings.
- Sophomore goalie Tyler Wetzel recorded nine saves to improve to 4-1 this spring.
- Senior defenseman Ryan Cates collected a team-high four ground balls to go along with two caused turnovers.
- Geneseo defeated Brockport for the first time since a 7-6 overtime home victory in 2014.
Geneseo returns to action Saturday (April 14), hosting SUNYAC rival Oswego at 3:00 p.m.