MORRISVILLE, N.Y. - SUNY geneseo sophomore midfielder James Pratt logged three goals in the Knights' 17-4 victory at Morrisville, Monday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo opened a 4-1 first-quarter lead before out-scoring the Mustangs, 5-1, in the second to take a commanding 9-2 halftime lead.
- The field progressivley became snow covered throughout the game due to a heavy downfall that started during the second quarter.
- The Knights out-scored Morrisville, 5-1 in the third quarter, including a pair of goals by senior midfielder Jack Centore, for a 14-3 edge heading into the final period.
- Geneseo scored the first three goals of the final quarter to take a 17-3 lead.
- Thirteen Knights had at least one goal while 18 had at least one point.
- Junior goalie Tyler Wetzel made seven saves in 45 minutes of work while junior Bryce Kelly stopped five shots during the final 15 minutes of action.
- First-year midfielder Ryan Lee won 11 of 14 face-offs en route to a team-high five ground balls.
Geneseo travels to Alfred on Wednesday (March 20) for a 3:00 p.m. start with the Saxons.