ALFRED, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior attackman Matt Malone and first-year midfielder Jake Bucci each scored three goals, including two apeice in the fourth quarter as the visiting Knights came back for a 13-10 win at Alfred, Wednesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Alfred (3-2) took a 2-0 lead with 6:39 left in the first quarter before Bucci put the Knights on the board with a man-up goal with 2:41 on the clock.
- The Saxons opened the second quarter with a tally at 13:51 before first-year attackman Kevin Cook and sophomore midfielder James Pratt tallied back-to-back goals to knot the game, 3-3, at 7:58.
- Alfred finished the half out-scoring the Knights, 2-1, for a one-goal halftime edge but sophomore attackman Connor Griffin re-tied the game, 5-5, with 9:50 on the third-quarter clock.
- Alfred responded with a 4-0 surge to lead, 9-5, with 4:36 left in the third quarter. Back-to-back Geneseo goals by junior attackman Patrick Morris and Cook pulled the visitors back within two, 9-7, but the Saxons tallied with 10 second left in the period to lead, 10-7, after three quarters of play.
- The Knights (3-4) scored six-unanswered goals to finish the game. Bucci started the run with a man-up tally at 7:40 before Morris cashed in a Cook assist at 6:59. Bucci tied the game at 6:15 before Malone converted two man-up tallies in a minute span to put the Knights on top, 12-10 with 3:54 to play.
- Cook tacked on a goal with one second on the clock to finish the game with a game-high six points on three goals and three assists.
- Junior goalie Tyler Wetzel compiled a career-high 20 saves as the Saxons finished the game with a 54-33 shot advantage.
- Geneseo converted a season-high 5-of-8 man-up opportunities while holding Alfred scoreless on four extra-man attempts.
- Senior defenseman Jack Crowley and sophomore defenseman Tyler Bushnell each picked up four ground balls.
Geneseo head south to take on top-ranked Salisbury (Md.) on Saturday (March 23) at 1:00 p.m.