GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior forward Bryan Wager scored two goals, including the game-winner in overtime, to lead the Knights to a 2-1 victory against New Paltz in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) play, Saturday at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo opened scoring with 21:19 on the first-half clock when junior back Caleb Murthy played a long ball over the top of the defense. Wager ran it down and put it in to give the Knights a 1-0 lead.
- The Hawks tied the score in the 79th minute, finishing off a cross from the left flank to level the score.
- Wager scored the game-winning goal off a header from a corner kick taken by sophomore midfielder Marco LaRocca with less than four minutes left in overtime.
- Junior goalie Liam Dole saved four shots to earn his third win of the season.
- New Paltz (8-4-1, 3-2-1 SUNYAC) outshot Geneseo (4-5-3, 2-3-1 SUNYAC), 21-7, with a 7-1 advantage in corner kicks.
- The only Knight corner kick resulted in the game-winning goal.
Geneseo will travel to St. John Fisher on Tuesday (Oct. 9) for a 7 p.m. start.