GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Bryan Wager netted his second goal of the season to lift the Knights to a 1-0 victory over visiting Clarkson Saturday night at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 16th minute of play, Geneseo earned a free kick in the attacking half. Junior midfielder Marco LaRocca sent a ball to the back post where senior back Caleb Murthy rose to head it back toward the 12-yard mark where Wager struck the ball past the diving keeper to put the Knights ahead, 1-0.
- Under a minute later, Clarkson generated its only scoring chance of the game but first-year goalkeeper Will Price corralled the shot.
- Geneseo nearly added to its lead late in the game when first-year midfielder Wade Thompson struck a laser from 20 yards out but was turned away by the Clarkson keeper.
- The Knights begin the season with three consecutive wins for the first time since 2015. The team finished that season with a 10-6-3 mark.
- Price picked up his second career shutout as the Knights recorded a third-consecutive shutout at home, dating back to last season.
The Knights will return to action on Tuesday, Sept. 10 when they travel to Houghton.