GENEVA, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo men's soccer team dropped its first contest of the season, falling to host Hobart, 3-0, on Saturday afternoon in Geneva.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights played the Statesmen to an even first half, outshooting the hosts, 7-6. Sophomore forward Ariel Samoohy and first-year midfielder Justin Arilotta each put a chance on net in the first period, but Hobart turned them both away as the two teams entered the halftime break tied, 0-0.
- In the 62nd minute, Geneseo surrendered a penalty and Hobart converted the penalty kick to take a 1-0 lead.
- The Statesmen added goals in the 76th and 80th minutes to take a 3-0 lead.
- Hobart outshot Geneseo, 15-12, while earning seven corner kicks to the Knights' six.
- First-year goalkeeper Will Price made six saves.
The Knights (4-1-0) return to action on Tuesday, Sept. 17 when they travel to face Rochester.