Posted: Oct 22, 2019
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo fell behind in the first half when a Nazareth cross glanced off the wet turf and the Knights' clearance was mishit and found its way into the net for an own goal.
- Despite outshooting Nazareth, 5-2, in the first half, Geneseo entered the halftime break trailing, 1-0.
- Just three minutes into the second half, the Knights drew a foul in the Nazareth box. Murthy stepped up and buried the penalty into the upper right corner of the net, leveling the score, 1-1.
- Later in the second half, junior midfielder Marco LaRocca sent in a corner kick that found Licht, who flicked a header past the Golden Flyer goalkeeper, lifting the Knights to a 2-1 lead.
- Nazareth responded in the 72nd minute, scoring off a loose rebound to tie the game, 2-2.
- In the overtime period, first-year back Eren Aydin nearly scored the game-winner but his effort from close range went careening off the crossbar.
- LaRocca recorded his team-leading fifth assist while Murthy tied the team lead with his third goal.
- Licht tallied his first career goal.
- Senior goalkeeper Liam Dole notched his first start of the season and recorded seven saves.
- Geneseo outshot Nazareth, 19-11, but recorded seven shots on goal while the Golden Flyers tallied nine.
The Knights (6-8-2, 2-4-1 SUNYAC) will host Brockport on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. in the final conference game of the regular season.