ROCHESTER, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo junior Matt Sayre finished fifth out of 256 runners to lead the Knights to second place out of 21 teams at the Harry F. Anderson Invitational, Saturday, at Roberts Wesleyan.
- Sayre covered the eight-kilometer course in 25:54.5, less than 40 seconds behind the individual winner.
- Knights senior Kevin Seitz finished ninth, crossing the finish line in 26:29.6
- Junior Bradley Farnham placed 14th (26:44.0) followed by first-year Henry Goca (26:47.1) in 18th.
- First-year Logan Linares closed Geneseo's top five with a 23rd-place finish (26:55.4).
- Senior Stephen Loce finished 25th (27:04.7) before sophomore Alec Andrews ended up 28th (27:07.9) to round out the Knights' top-seven.
- The host Red Hawks won the team title with 23 points, followed by Geneseo (69), St. Bonaventure (155), Penn State-Behrend (160) and Le Moyne (164) in the top-five.
Geneseo hosts the Mike Woods Invitational next Saturday (Sept. 28) at Letchworth State Park. The men's race will start at 11:00 a.m. followed by the women's race at 12:00 p.m.