BETHLEHEM, Pa. – SUNY Geneseo senior Sean McAneny placed 51st out of 380 runners to lead the Knights to 17th place out of 44 teams in the Men's College Gold section at the Lehigh Paul Short Run, Saturday.
In a field comprised mainly of Division I and II competition, McAneny was the top Division III finisher while Geneseo was the top Division III team.
- McAneny covered the eight-kilometer course with a time of 24:12.9, less than a minute behind the overall winner.
- Senior Luke Holtzman finished 120th (24:39.9) followed closely by junior Matt Sayre (24:42.0) in 123rd.
- First-year Ezra Ruggles placed 149th (24:52.4) before senior Lucas Sutton (24:54.9) crossed 156th to complete the Knights' top five.
- Sophomore Riley Grossman finished 225th (25:17.8) while junior Bradley Farnham finished 230th (25:20.1). First-year Nick Andrews placed 243rd (25:25.5) before senior Justin Hoelzl finished 295h (25:49.1).
- Utah State won the team competition with 49 points, followed by Penn (144), Adams State (184), Stony Brook (200) and Minnesota (223) in the top-five. Geneseo compiled 560 points to finish ahead of Boston University (569), Iona (590) and Brown (596) in the top-20.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS (at Lehigh)
51. Sean McAneny 24:12.9
120. Luke Holtzman 24:39.9
123. Matt Sayre 24:42.0
149. Ezra Ruggles 24:52.4
156. Lucas Sutton 24:54.9
225. Riley Grossman 25:17.8
230. Bradley Farnham 25:20.1
243. Nick Andrews 25:25.5
295. Justin Hoelzl 25:49.1
HOUGHTON, N.Y. – Senior Kevin Seitz finished second out of 114 runners to lead the Knights to first place out of 10 teams at the Houghton Highlander Invitational, Saturday.
The Knights placed eight runners in the top-12, including five in the top-six, for a winning team score of 20 points.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS (at Houghton)
2. Kevin Seitz 25:36.8
3. Brendan Murphy 25:56.3
4. Liam Higgins 25:57.8
5. Eddie O'Brien-Curcie 25:59.9
6. Benjamin Timmons 26:05.8
8. Logan Linares 26:12.1
9. Stephen Loce 26:13.6
12. Henry Goca 26:19.4