GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior pitcher Jasmine Petrishin recorded a complete-game shutout to help the Knights complete a sweep of visiting Rochester, defeating the Yellowjackets, 8-3, in game one before a 1-0 game two victory.
GAME ONE - Geneseo 8, Rochester 3
- The Knights fell behind, 1-0, as the Yellowjackets scored in the top of the first inning, but senior infielder Kylie Papagelos drove in two with a double and came around to score when junior infielder Brooke Wolff singled to give Geneseo a 3-1 lead in the second.
- Rochester tied the game with two runs in the third inning, but sophomore pitcher Nicole Schwartz limited the damage and worked out of the jam.
- In the bottom of the sixth inning Geneseo sent 10 batters to the plate, scoring five runs on five hits to take an 8-3 lead before senior pitcher Taylor Moore came in to finish the seventh inning from the circle.
GAME TWO - Geneseo 1, Rochester 0
- Senior pitcher Jasmine Petrishin twirled a gem, allowing just three hits and three walks while recording three strikeouts. She earned her sixth win of the season and recorded her second-consecutive complete-game shutout.
- Geneseo scored the only run of the game in the bottom of the sixth inning. First-year infielder Alexandra Koutsogiannis ripped a base hit up the middle and came around to score three batters later on back-to-back wild pitches.
- Geneseo has recorded 11 shutouts this season, and have held opponents to three runs or fewer in 26 out of 34 games this season.
- The Knights have won six games in a row and improved to 16-4 against non-conference opponents.
- Geneseo earned its first doubleheader sweep of Rochester since the 2004 season.
The Knights will face Potsdam on Saturday, April 27 with games scheduled for 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. Geneseo's doubleheader originally scheduled for Friday against Plattsburgh has been rescheduled for Sunday, April 28.