GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward Kerrin Montgomery scored 13 points and pulled five rebounds as the 18th-ranked Knights earned a non-conference victory over RIT, 65-52, at Schrader Gymnasium on Tuesday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Montgomery opened the game with the Knights' first five points, converting a layup and a three-point play on consecutive posessions. The Knights held the lead for the entirety of the period and capped off the quarter with a three-pointer from senior forward Alyssa Lesakowski, extending their advantage to 21-16.
- Geneseo outscored RIT 16-15 in the second quarter of play with 12 points coming off the bench, including a pair of triples from junior guard Madison McCulley, and held a 37-31 lead going into the half.
- The Knights shot 50.0% (6-for-12) in the third quarter, including 2-for-4 from beyond the arc, and closed the period on a 7-0 run to extend their lead to double-digits, 53-43, heading into the fourth.
- In the fourth quarter, Geneseo held the Tigers to 4-for-18 (22.2%) shooting to ensure the victory.
- Geneseo (13-1) never trailed in the game, and outrebounded the Tigers, 45-30.
- Lesakowski finished with 10 points while McCulley, junior guard Sara Ciotti and senior forward Nicole Kaczmarczyk each scored nine for the Knights.
- Geneseo's bench combined for 37 points to carry the load for the Knights offensively.
- The Knights extended their program-record home winning streak to 20-consecutive games, dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Geneseo will travel to Brockport on Saturday to face the Golden Eagles in a State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) showdown.