PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. – SUNY Geneseo senior attacker Hannah Millich totaled five goals and an assist to lead the No. 21 Knights to a 16-5 victory over Eastern Connecticut State, Thursday, in Florida.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo (4-0) opened a 3-0 lead in the first 4:47 of the game, capped by back-to-back tallies by Millich in a 1:20 span.
- The Warriors (1-3) got on the board at the 25-minute mark, but the Knights responded with eight-straight goals to build an 11-1 halftime lead. First-year attacker Hannah Marafioti started the run with two-straight tallies before Millich closed the run with three of the final four scores.
- Eastern opened the second half with a goal at the 25:19 mark, but Geneseo answered with a 4-1 run for a 15-3 lead with 11:34 remaining in regulation to put the game out of reach.
- Junior goalie Tess McFadden totaled six saves to earn the victory in net.
- Geneseo finished the afternoon with a 35-16 advantage in shots and a 21-10 edge in ground balls.
- Senior midfielder Erin Cregan caused a game-high four turnovers to go along with two ground balls.
- Sophomore midfielder Tessa Doody finished the game with three goals as well as a team-high three draw controls.
Geneseo returns home to host RIT next Wednesday (March 21) at 4:00 p.m.