GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior attacker Tessa Doody scored three goals and dished off three assists as the Knights earned a 20-2 victory over visiting State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) foe Fredonia on Wednesday afternoon at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior midfielder Mallory Max opened the scoring just 1:15 into the game when she quick-sticked a pass from sophomore attacker Nicole Voci passed the goalie, giving the Knights an early lead.
- The Knights rattled off eight goals in the first 12:00 of play, as Doody scored consecutive tallies off assists from senior midfielder Maddie Lee and sophomore attacker Hannah Marafioti to lift the Knights to an 8-0 advantage.
- Geneseo added five more goals before the half, taking a 13-0 lead, but Fredonia netted their first tally of the day with 4:05 remaining in the frame as the Knights went into halftime leading, 13-1.
- The Knights outscored the Devils, 7-1, in the second half as six Knights tallied goals to close out the game.
- Max, Doody and first-year attacker April Rowell each scored a team-high three goals while Doody and Voci notched three assists each.
- Rowell and fellow first-year Victoria Cacioppo each scored their first collegiate goals.
- First-year goalkeeper Margaret Rosaschi got the win, making three saves and allowing one goal in the first half. Senior goalkeeper Tess McFadden and junior Emmy Lundquist both appeared in goal in the second half.
- The Knights scored 20 goals in back-to-back games for the first time this season after defeating host Plattsburgh, 20-3, on Saturday.
The Knights will host SUNYAC rival Oneonta on Friday, April 5 at 6:00 p.m.