NEW PALTZ, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo junior midfielder Tessa Doody totaled five goals and three assists while senior attacker Mallory Max added five goals and one assist to lead the Knights to a 20-7 victory at New Paltz, Saturday, in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) women's lacrosse.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- First-year midfielder Emma Gaenzle and Doody opened the game with goals in the first three minutes of the game, before New Paltz responded with a tally that made it a 2-1 game with 26:12 on the clock.
- The Knights used a 6-1 surge, including two tallies apiece by sophomore attacker Hannah Marafioti and Max, to take an 8-2 lead with 8:23 left in the first half.
- The Hawks scored again at 7:47, but Geneseo closed the half with four unanswered goals, including three by Doody, to build a 12-3 lead after 30 minutes of play.
- Geneseo pulled ahead 15-3 with 25:40 left in the second half and out-scored the Hawks, 5-4, the rest of the way to secure its fifth-consecutive victory.
- Geneseo out-shot New Paltz, 37-19.
- The Knights won 16 of 26 draw controls, including a team-high five by sophomore Megan Henderson.
Geneseo heads to Brockport on Wednesday (Apr. 17) for a 4:00 p.m. draw with the Golden Eagles.