Posted: Sep 09, 2017
GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward Domenica Piccoli set the table for both Knights goals as the team earned a victory over Skidmore, 2-0, on Saturday afternoon at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the fourth minute, Piccoli ran down a through ball out of the back and led senior midfielder Grace Dunnigan for a one-time strike from 20 yards out that went bar down, putting the Knights ahead, 1-0.
- Senior forward Audrey Reid netted her third goal of the season on another Piccoli assists in the second half to extend the Geneseo lead.
- Knights junior goalkeeper Emily Janiszewski totaled six saves to preserve her third consecutive shutout.
- Piccoli's two assists matched the total for her career entering Saturday's game.
- The Knights are 7-0-0 in games that Piccoli registers a goal or an assist.
- Janiszewski and the Geneseo defense have held opponents scoreless for 342 consecutive minutes, dating back to the first half of the season opener at St. Lawrence.
- The Knights begin their season with four straight wins for the first time since 2014, when they started the campaign with six consecutive victories.
Geneseo (4-0-0) hosts No. 4 William Smith on Wednesday, Sept. 13 at 6:30 p.m.