BUFFALO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Audrey Reid notched a goal and an assist to lead the ninth-ranked Knights to a victory over State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Buffalo State, 5-0, on Friday afternoon in Buffalo.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo struck in the third minute, scoring off of a Reid corner kick that found senior midfielder Leah Greene for a headed goal, giving the Knights a lead in the third minute of play.
- After the halftime break, sophomore midfielder Domenica Piccoli and first-year forward Ellie Gregory each scored in the 48th minute, just 37 seconds apart, to extend the Geneseo lead to 3-0.
- In the 53rd minute, Reid netted her fourth goal of the season on a shot from nearly 30 yards out, giving the Knights a 4-0 advantage.
- First-year midfielder Julia Ophals netted her first career goal in the 86th minute, finishing off a through ball from first-year Morgan Keppler to make it 5-0.
- Geneseo (6-0-1, 1-0-0 SUNYAC) earned a win over Buffalo State after dropping its last three meetings, improving to 32-5-3 overall against the Bengals.
- The five-goal outburst marks the most goals scored by Geneseo since the 2015 season opener, a 7-0 victory over Alfred.
- Reid earned new career-highs in single-season goals (4), assists (4) and points (12).
- Junior goalkeeper Emily Janiszewski made one save in 77 minutes before first-year goalkeeper Julia McDonald was called into action for her first collegiate appearance.
The Knights will travel to Fredonia for another SUNYAC contest on Saturday (Sept. 23).