GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior midfielder Caitie Cunningham scored a goal and dished off a pair of assists in the second half to lead the Knights to a 3-0 victory over State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Buffalo State on Friday night at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Cunningham opened the scoring just over two minutes into the second half after she ran down a cross from senior back Rachel Walsh and beat the goalkeeper.
- Junior back Taylor Clar notched a goal on a corner kick by Cunningham to advance Geneseo's lead to 2-0.
- Sophomore forward Miranda Ozimek scored the Knight's final goal when she gathered a cross from Cunningham with 10:04 remaining.
- Clar scored her first goal on the season, the third in her career.
- Senior goalkeeper Emily Janiszewski notched her fourth-consecutive shutout, her sixth on the season and the 35th of her career. She needs four more to claim the all-time Geneseo record for career shutouts.
- Geneseo (6-2-1, 3-0-0 SUNYAC) outshot Buffalo State (3-5-2, 2-1-0 SUNYAC), 18-3, including a 12-0 edge in the second half, with a 9-0 advantage in corner kicks.
The Knights host Fredonia in a SUNYAC contest on Saturday (Sept. 29) at 1 p.m.