ONEONTA, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior back Rachel Walsh tallied the game's lone goal as the Knights stayed unbeaten in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) play with a 1-0 victory over host Oneonta, Friday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights and Red Dragons played at level-pegging for the first 30 minutes until first-year midfielder Hannah Sullivan drew a foul in the Oneonta box. Walsh stepped up to the penalty marker and buried the strike to put the Knights ahead, 1-0.
- Geneseo held the lead through the remainder of the game, holding the Red Dragons to just one shot on goal.
- The Knights (8-2-1, 5-0-0 SUNYAC) have now won six-consecutive contests and have not allowed since Wednesday, Sept. 12.
- Senior goalkeeper Emily Janiszewski made one save to record her seventh shutout of the season and the 35th of her career, three shy of the Knights' program record.
- Walsh tallied just her second career goal. She scored in a 6-1 victory over New Paltz last season.
Geneseo will travel to New Paltz to face the Hawks in another SUNYAC showdown tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.