OSWEGO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior forward Domenica Piccoli scored for the third-consecutive game as the Knights bounced back with a 3-0 victory over State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Oswego on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Piccoli put the Knights ahead in the 19th minute, finishing her seventh goal of the season, one shy of her career-high of eight goals scored last season.
- In the 31st minute, first-year midfielder Hannah Sullivan drove deep into the attacking third and passed back to sophomore forward Miranda Ozimek a the top of the box, where Ozimek beat the keeper to extend the lead.
- Less than one minute later, senior midfielder Caitie Cunningham netted her fourth goal of the season to give the Knights a 3-0 advantage.
- Senior goalkeeper Emily Janiszewski made four saves to record her 10th shutout of the season, tying the Geneseo program record for shutouts (38).
- Ozimek netted her sixth goal of the season, good for second on the team behind Piccoli.
- The Knights outshot the Lakers, 18-6, and earned five corner kicks while holding Oswego to three.
The Knights will host Houghton in their final game of the regular season on Tuesday, October 23 at 7:00 p.m.