GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore midfielder Hannah Sullivan scored her first goal of the season, but the Knights fell to visiting St. Lawrence, 2-1, at College Stadium on Friday afternoon, the team's first home loss since 2017.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- St. Lawrence jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the 17th minute, scoring on a long shot from nearly 25 yards out.
- The Saints added another goal in the 40th minute to take a 2-0 advantage into the halftime break.
- In the second half, senior forward Domenica Piccoli earned a foul outside the Saints box and Sullivan struck a quick shot to the far post, scoring off the direct kick to cut the lead in half, 2-1.
- The Knights had multiple chances down the stretch but could not find the equalizer as the team fell, snapping its 15-match home winning streak.
- The Saints first goal marked the first score by a visiting team at College Stadium since Nov. 8, 2017.
- Geneseo outshot St. Lawrence, 22-13, and held a 9-2 advantage in corner kicks.
- Junior goalkeeper Julia McDonald made five saves in net.
The Knights (2-1-0) will travel to Dallas, Pa. to face Kean at Misericordia on Saturday at 4:00 p.m.