BUFFALO, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo women's swimming & diving team looks to secure its 12th-consecutive SUNYAC Championship this week at Erie Community College in Buffalo. The Knights have won 11-straight conference crowns and 26 overall, including 15 under head coach Paul Dotterweich. At last year's championship the Knights finished first in 14 out of 20 events, setting two SUNYAC records and one program record.
Check back after each day for updated coverage of the SUNYAC Swimming & Diving Championships.
DAY ONE RECAP - Junior Samantha Reichman earned a first-place finish in the three-meter dive as the Knights placed five divers in the finals and swept the top three podium positions. Reichman earned first place with a score of 518.45 while junior Kiersten Coates placed second (480.50) and sophomore Alyssa Vadala earned third ((465.20). In the 800 free relay, seniors Sydney Ng and Nancy Nasky teamed with sophomores Kelly Lennon and Rachel Wallisky to take first place with a time of 7:40.82. Geneseo ended day one leading the meet with 116 points through two events. Action will resume on Thursday morning at 10:00 a.m.
DAY TWO RECAP -Geneseo earned first-place finishes in each of the five events on Thursday night as the team extended its lead in the SUNYAC Championships, setting three SUNYAC records in the process. The Knights opened the competition with a record-setting performance in the 200 free relay as sophomores Noelle Staso, Maddie Knight, Kelly Lennon and Deidra Osula posted a 1:34.90 finish. In the 500 free, senior Nancy Nasky turned in an NCAA B-Cut time in the prelims (4:58.20) and then earned the win in the finals with a time of 5:00.94. In the 200 IM, sophomore Lauren Siegel set a SUNYAC record with an NCAA B-Cut time of 2:05.40, while Osula set a conference record and an NCAA B-Cut in the 50 free (23.35) to finish first. Geneseo finished the night with a win in the 400 medley relay as senior Sydney Ng teamed with Staso, Seigel and Osula to place first with a time of 3:53.17. The Knights enter the third day of competition in first place with 434 points, more than doubling the point total of second-place Cortland (176). Tomorrow's morning session will begin at 10:00 a.m.
DAY THREE RECAP - Sophomore Lauren Siegel and senior Sydney Ng each hit NCAA B Standard times to win their respective events as the Knights continued to battle through day three of the SUNYAC Championships. Siegel finished the 400 IM with a first-place time of 4:30.65, clinching an NCAA B Cut, while Ng took first and made the NCAA B Cut in the 200 free with a time of 1:52.34. Ng was also part of a record-setting relay as the Knights' 200 medley relay team set a new conference mark. Ng teamed with sophomores Noelle Staso, Celeste Pace and Deidra Osula to swim the 200 medley relay in 1:45.94. Osula took first place in the 100 fly with a time of 56.95, while Staso marked Geneseo's top finish, coming in second with a time of 1:06.26. Junior Samantha Reichman placed first in the one-meter dive to complete the sweep of both diving events. She scored 497.55 in the finals to take first. Through 14 events, Geneseo leads the field with 770 points, more than double second-place Cortland (357).
|Date||Event||Name||Seed Time||Prelims||Finals (Champions in Bold)|
|Feb. 20||800 Free Relay|
|Kiersten Coates||3. 466.15||2. 480.50|
|Daniella Cornelia||7. 425.90||7. 407.90|
|Shelby Dobbertin||8. 414.35||8. 389.20|
|Samantha Reichman||1. 537.45||1. 518.45|
|Alyssa Vadala||4. 457.60||3. 465.20|
|Feb. 21||200 Free Relay|
NCAA B Cut
|Julia Caldwell||5:18.66||4. 5:14.23||4. 5:12.86|
|Megan Mack||5:16.15||7. 5:17.61||6. 5:17.67|
|Nancy Nasky||5:01.30||1. 4:58.20
NCAA B Cut
|Sydney Ng||5:18.96||2. 5:05.61||2. 5:05.02|
|Rachel Wallisky||5:10.96||5. 5:14.83||3. 5:10.58|
|Arianna Falletta||2:16.40||10. 2:15.71|
|Olivia Hilt||2:16.37||8. 2:15.04||7. 2:13.66|
|Celeste Pace||2:09.46||3. 2:08.80||2. 2:07.64|
|Nancy Shemet||2:12.59||4. 2:10.75||5. 2:09.68|
|Lauren Siegel||2:08.99||1. 2:07.31||1. 2:05.40
NCAA B Cut
|Sophia Thompson||2:15.60||9. 2:15.21|
|Paige Turcotte||2:10.88||2. 2:08.61||3. 2:08.48|
|Maddie Knight||24.76||7. 24.65||6. 24.50|
|Kelly Lennon||24.35||4. 24.46||4. 24.41|
|Deidra Osula||23.78||2. 23.41
NCAA B Cut
NCAA B Cut
|Noelle Staso||24.75||5. 24.57||5. 24.48|
|400 Medley Relay|
|Feb. 22||200 Medley Relay|
|Arianna Falletta||4:50.33||5. 4:45.60||5. 4:44.13|
|Nancy Shemet||4:41.47||3. 4:37.14||3. 4:35.21|
|Lauren Siegel||4:35.95||1. 4:34.25||1. 4:30.65
NCAA B Cut
|Paige Turcotte *||4:50.29||2. 4:36.37||2. 4:31.66|
|Olivia Hilt||1:00.33||6. 58.89||6. 58.25|
|Maddie Knight||59.99||9. 1:00.00|
|Deidra Osula||58.99||1. 57.05||1. 56.95|
|Celeste Pace||58.68||7. 59.08||7. 59.04|
|Kelly Lennon||1:55.70||4. 1:57.55||T7 1:58.95|
|Megan Mack||2:00.16||8. 1:59.23||T7. 1:58.95|
|Nancy Nasky||1:55.50||2. 1:54.11||3. 1:53.56|
|Sydney Ng||1:54.44||1. 1:53.61||1. 1:52.34
NCAA B Cut
|Rachel Wallisky||1:57.51||19. 1:59.53|
|Noelle Staso||1:06.41||2. 1:06.54||2. 1:06.26|
|Sophia Thompson||1:08.58||5. 1:09.00||5. 1:08.70|
|Julia Caldwell||1:03.41||5. 1:00.23||5. 1:00.24|
|Kiersten Coates||5. 418.95||7. 393.50|
|Daniella Cornelia||9. 369.70|
|Shelby Dobbertin||12. 345.30|
|Samantha Reichman||1. 489.10||1. 497.55|
|Alyssa Vadala||2. 458.55||2. 477.40|
|Feb. 23||1650 Free|
|Megan Mack||11:15.31||4. 18:09.44|
|Nancy Nasky||10.41.39||1. 17:12.80
NCAA B CUT
|Rachel Wallisky||10:53.31||2. 17:52.55|
|Julia Caldwell||2:11.17||5. 2:09.52||4. 2:08.40|
|Sydney Ng||2:03.82||1. 2:05.45||1. 2:03.98|
|Lauren Siegel||2:07.37||2. 2:05.85||2. 2:04.80|
|Maddie Knight||54.55||9. 54.72|
|Kelly Lennon||52.34||3. 52.94||4. 53.04|
|Deidra Osula||52.67||2. 52.93||2. 51.69
NCAA B Cut
|Celeste Pace||2:28.71||4. 2:26.52||3. 2:24.15|
|Noelle Staso||2:25.44||3. 2:26.31||4. 2:24.78|
|Sophia Thompson||2:32.62||6. 2:32.29||6. 2:31.65|
|Paige Turcotte||2:25.83||1. 2:25.57||1. 2:23.34|
|Arianna Falletta||2:19.40||9. 2:16.65|
|Olivia Hilt||2:16.42||10. 2:18.63|
|Nancy Shemet||2:13.45||4. 2:11.13||5. 2:11.54|
|400 Free Relay|
ABOUT THE KNIGHTS
- The Knights won all five relay events last season, led by a SUNYAC Record performance in the 200 medley relay. Natalie LaCourt, Noelle Staso, Celeste Pace and Deidra Osula combined to finish with a 1:46.10 mark, which also the relay team qualified for the NCAA Division III Swimming & Diving Championships.
- Three-time reigning SUNYAC Swimmer of the Meet Nancy Nasky returns in hopes of defending her conference championships in last season's 500 free and 1650 free. She set a SUNYAC and Geneseo record in the 1650 free, finishing in 17:03.45, qualifying for the NCAA Division III Swimming & Diving Championships. She also teamed with Sydney Ng, Alida Mooney and Rachel Wallisky to take first in the 800 free relay and placed second in the 200 free.
- Ng returns for the Knights as the two-time reigning champion in the 200 back, finishing in 2:03.93 last season. She also won the 200 free at last year's championship, touching up in 1:53.73.
- Sophomore Lauren Siegel swept the IM events last season, finishing first in the 200 IM (2:06.31) and the 400 IM (4:33.97).
- Sophomore Noelle Staso took first in the 200 breast last season, finishing in 2:24.93 while sophomore Deidra Osula took first in the 100 free (52.82) at last year's championship meet. The duo will each seek to grab the 50 free crown this year after finishing second and third in the event last year.
- Junior Samantha Reichman will look to defend her SUNYAC crown in the three-meter dive, where she set a Geneseo record with a 500.35 at last season's championship. Sophomores Alyssa Vadala and Kiersten Coates will also compete with Reichman in the diving events.