MEDFORD, Mass./ITHACA, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo women's track & field team sent competitors to the Tufts Early Season Invitational and the Ithaca Winter Invitational, Saturday.
- Junior Elise Ramirez won the 5,000 at Tufts with a 17:18.62 clocking, while senior Kristen Homeyer crossed the finish line sixth (17:33.75).
- Highlights from Ithaca included a 1-2 sweep in the 3,000 by junior Allison Fernandez (10:30.15) and sophomore Genny Corcoran (10:32.23).
- Senior Camille Wutz bested the field in the long jump (5.72m/18' 9.25") while also placing fourth in the 60-meter dash (7.87).
- On Sunday, junior Shayna Held broke her own program record in winning the pentathlon with 3,301 points.
- Geneseo will run next Friday-Saturday, Feb. 9-10 at the Valentine Invitational, hosted by Boston University.
TOP FINISHERS - TUFTS
TOP FINISHERS - ITHACA
6. Lauren Bamford 1:19.17
4. Camille Wutz 7.87
5. Dana Cebulski 2:22.83
8. Allie Barlowe 11.07m (36' 4")
1. Allie Fernandez 10:30.15
2. Genny Corcoran 10:32.23
1. Shayna Held 3,301 (Program Record)
2. Maddie Hammer 3,218 (2nd in program history)
3. Erin MacDougall 3,184 (3rd in program history)
6. Alexa LaPierre 2,945 (6th in program history)
7. Julianna Lauricella 2,804 (8th in program history)