CORTLAND, N.Y./PRINCETON, N.J. – Members of the SUNY Geneseo women's track & field team competed at the Cortland Classic Invitational and the Princeton Larry Ellis Invitational, Saturday and Sunday.
- At Princeton, junior Elise Ramirez placed third in the 1,500 (4:38.51), followed by junior Allison Fernandez (4:40.14) in sixth and junior Dana Cebulski (4:43.57) in 12th.
- At Cortland, junior Shayna Held won the heptathlon with a program-record 4,685 points that is the fourth-ranked score in Division III this spring. She also led a Knights' sweep of the top-five places in the final standings.
- Sophomore Genny Corcoran won the 10,000 (37:48.29) while first-years Eileen Reinhardt (18:23.79) and Carissa DiTullio (18:31.87) finished first and third, respectively, in the 5,000.
Geneseo will send a contingent to Penn Relays this Thursday (Apr. 26) while the majority of the squad will compete at the St. John Fisher Invitational on Saturday (Apr. 28).
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS
CORTLAND CLASSIC INVITATIONAL
1. Genny Corcoran 37:48.29
2. Sarah Ostrowski 15.73
7. Allie Barlowe 11.57 (37' 11.5")
3. Laura Piazza 3.50m (11' 5.75")
4. Hannah Madden 11.04m (36' 2.75")
6. Katy Toth 5.23m (17' 2")
7. Melissa Graham 2:30.10
6. Katherine McCormack 4:55.50
1. Shayna Held 4,685 (4th in Division III this season, program record)
2. Emily Lavarnway 4,390 (13th in Division III this season, second in program history)
3. Maddie Hammer 4,264 (third in program history)
4. Julianna Lauricella 3,617 (eighth in program history)
5. Alexa LaPierre 3,610 (ninth in in program history)