ITHACA/UTICA, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo women's track & field team sent competitors to the Cornell Kane Invitational and the Utica Pioneer Open, Saturday.
- At Cornell, senior Elise Ramirez bested the field in th 5,000 (17:38.11), while junior Genny Corcoran (10:06.06) and senior Laura Barreca (10:25.20) finished 1-2, respectively, in the 3,000.
- Geneseo highlights from Utica included six Knights placing in the top-8 of the 60-meter hurdles, including senior Shayna Held in second (9.15) and senior Erin MacDougall in third (9.35).
- Sophomore Kayla Barber finished second in the 200 (26.59) with the seventh-best mark in program history.
Geneseo will be in action next Saturday and Sunday (Feb. 2-3) at both the Ithaca Bomber Invitational and Mult as well as the Tufts (Mass.) Cupid Challenge.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS
CORNELL KANE INVITATIONAL
1. Elise Ramirez 17:38.11
UTICA COLLEGE PIONEER OPEN
5. Allyn Madden 1:03.36
6. Laura Piazza 8.29
3. Allie Barlowe 15.59m (51' 1.75m) (3rd in program history)
8. Allie Barlowe 10.88m (35' 8.5")