HOUGHTON, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo volleyball team closed out the regular season with a pair of 3-0 sweeps over Allegheny and Keuka on Saturday afternoon as part of the Houghton Invitational, hosted by Houghton College.
The Knights (22-10) finish the regular season with the winningest season in program history since 2004 when the team posted a 25-16 record. The 22 wins tie the 10th-most in a season in the program's 47-year history.
GENESEO 3, ALLEGHENY 0 (25-19, 25-13, 25-17)
- Sophomore outside hitter Grace Cergol recorded a double-double, notching 12 kills and 14 digs.
- Sophomore opposite hitter Abby May had a team-high 13 kills and hit at a .407 clip.
GENESEO 3, KEUKA 0 (25-19, 26-24, 25-18)
- First-year outside hitter Gabrielle Ayzenberg was one kill shy of a double-double, recording nine kills and 12 digs while first-year setter Mary Bartkus recorded a team-high 16 assists.
- First-year middle blocker Bridget Lougen led the team with three blocks, including one solo.
- Junior setter Emily Ast finished with a team-best two service aces while also dishing out 12 assists.
Geneseo earned the third seed in the State University of New York Athletic Conference Tournament and will host sixth-seeded Cortland on Tuesday, Oct. 31 at 6:00 p.m. in the quarterfinal round.