ROCHESTER, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo senior Genny Corcoran finished first out of 218 runners to lead the Knights to a second-place finish out of 16 teams at the Yellowjacket Invitational, hosted by Rochester at Genesee Valley Park.
- Corcoran covered the six-kilometer course in 21:50.1, out-distancing the field by over nine seconds.
- First-year Windsor Ardner also logged a top-10 finish, crossing sixth with a 22:44.66 clocking.
- First-year Ciara Knott (23:22.1), junior Eileen Reinhardt (23:29.6) and junior Mariellen Penzer (23:30.1) placed 16th, 19th and 20th, respectively, to close the Knights scoring five.
- Junior Melissa Graham (23:41.9) finished 23rd before first-year Marcie Hogan (23:53.8) crossed 25th to round out Geneseo's top-seven.
- Division I Cornell won the meet with 41 points, while the runner-up Knights totaled 59. Rochester placed third (60) followed by RIT (97) and Ithaca (131) at the top of the team competition standings.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS
1. Genny Corcoran 21:50.1
6. Windsor Ardner 22:44.6
16. Ciara Knott 23:22.1
19. Eileen Reinhardt 23:29.6
20. Mariellen Penzer 23:30.1
23. Melissa Graham 23:41.9
25. Marcie Hogan 23:53.8
Geneseo competes at the Harry F. Anderson Invitational at Roberts Wesleyan next Saturday (Sept. 21) before hosting the Mike Woods Invitational (Sept. 28) at Letchworth State Park a week later. Racing is scheduled to start at 11:00 a.m. both days.