BETHLEHEM, Pa. – SUNY Geneseo senior Genny Corcoran finished first out of 328 runners to lead the Knights to fifth place out of 42 teams in the Women's College Brown section at the Lehigh Paul Short Run, Saturday.
- In a field comprised of Division I, II and III competition, Corcoran covered the six-kilometer course with a winning time of 20:42.6 to best the field by more than 19 seconds.
- Senior Annibell Coolican finished 27th (21:54.5) while first-year Ciara Knott crossed 43rd (22:03.4).
- Junior Eileen Reinhardt placed 67th (22:21.0) before senior Cassidy McGinn completed the Knights' top five with an 85th-place finish (22:31.1).
- Junior Melissa Graham finished 95th (22:39.5) ahead of junior Mariellen Penzer (22:43.2) in 106th.
- Division I Stony Brook won the team competition with 127 points, followed by Columbia (176), Dickinson (204), Buffalo (205) and Geneseo (219) in the top-five.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS (at Lehigh)
1. Genny Corcoran 20:42.6
27. Annibell Coolican 21:54.5
43. Ciara Knott 22:03.4
67. Eileen Reinhardt 22:21.0
85. Cassidy McGinn 22:31.1
95. Melissa Graham 22:39.5
106. Mariellen Penzer 22:43.2
HOUGHTON, N.Y. – Senior Molly Byrne finished first out of 107 runners to lead the Knights to first place out of 10 teams at the Houghton Highlander Invitational, Saturday.
The Knights placed 10 runners in the top-16, including five in the top-eight, for a winning team score of 25 points.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS (at Houghton)
1. Molly Byrne 23:07.6
3. Olivia Baumann 23:31.0
6. Marcie Hogan 23:41.6
7. Samantha Padula 23:42.8
8. Erin Eivers 23:43.6
9. Kathleen McCarey 23:54.3
11. Emily Pomainville 23:56.0